The Wiser Financial Group releases statement regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) Concerns in Michigan
Thursday, March 12, 2020
Dear Wiser Financial Group Clients and Friends,
As we continue to examine the developments regarding the COVID-19, or commonly referred to as the coronavirus, The Wiser Financial Group recognizes the confusion and uncertainty that individuals may be feeling, affected by the impacts of this global outbreak. Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our clients, staff, and the communities we serve, and our thoughts are with those individuals and their families who have to cope with the virus during this heightened time. To that end, we are continuing to focus on aggressively monitoring the situation and taking the necessary protective measures to serve and advise our current clients during this period of market volatility.
Despite efforts to contain the spread of this virus, it has begun to emerge in areas around the United States, affecting various industries, business travel, significant events, and gatherings. Although COVID-19 has not been detected yet in Southwest Michigan, we have been proactive in elevating our efforts to combat not only the potential spread of COVID-19 (if and when it affects our region), but also the spread of more common infectious diseases such as the common cold and influenza.
The Wiser Financial Group already adheres to strict sanitation standards, often going above the recommended measures of the state and county health departments. However, to better protect you, our clients and the staff, we have enacted a series of best practices and company protocols to take our sanitation and personal hygiene standards to the next level. These include the following:
- Availability and encouragement for all client advisory appointments to be conducted via phone, as a precautionary method
- Increased sanitation of shared common areas; most specifically door handles/nobs, common counter areas, reception, conference rooms and advisory areas
- A moratorium on greeting through personal contact (handshakes, hugs, etc.)
- Enhanced personal hygiene efforts by the staff and advisors including more hand washing and sanitizer use
- An increased presence of hand sanitizer in all areas of The Wiser Financial Group operations, both for the team and client use
- A strict policy that requires all employees who show any symptoms of illness to either stay home or be sent home immediately
- The ability for key staff members and advisors to work remotely should the need arise
Naturally, we encourage everyone, including our clients, friends, and families, to practice these healthy habits as well and take precautionary health measures during this time. In the meantime, The Wiser Financial Group office will remain open for clients. We will closely monitor federal, state, and local agencies, and we will take the appropriate measures to continue to protect our Wiser Financial Group family and update accordingly. While it is impossible for anyone to predict the spread of the coronavirus and fully understand its impact, it does not alter The Wiser Financial Group’s focus on continuing to serve our clients, our staff, and communities as a top priority.
The Wiser Financial Group
Securities offered through Kestra Investment Services, LLC (Kestra IS), member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through Kestra Advisory Services, LLC (Kestra AS), an affiliate of Kestra IS. Kestra IS or Kestra AS are not affiliated with Wiser Financial Group.